Board of Education
Board of Education Members
(L to R): President Iris Bugliosi, Todd Freebern, Giuseppina Miller, Joshua Diamond,
Vice President Patrice Davidson, Neal Haber and Andrea Furey
Click here to view Board Member Bios
The Croton Harmon Board of Education is made up of seven members elected for three year volunteer terms. The school board provides leadership and oversight, working with school administration to align resources to maximize student achievement and develop strategies to transform vision and goals into reality. School board members are elected to represent the community in all educational matters. The board’s primary responsibilities include:
- Determining the school district’s educational standards and goals
- Adopting policies for the operation of the district
- Overseeing financial matters and developing an annual school budget for public vote
- Appointing and evaluating the Superintendent of Schools
- Authorizing the development or revision of curricula
- Authorizing the appointment of staff members and other personnel actions
- Advocating for the district on the federal, state and local level
The Croton-Harmon School Board holds a business meeting and work session each month, generally on the first and third Thursday, respectively. These meetings are usually held in the Croton-Harmon High School Community Room at 7:30 p.m. Meetings often begin with an Executive Session which is closed to the public immediately followed by the public meeting at 8 p.m.
In addition, Board Committees meet regularly as posted. Special meetings, such as Budget Workshops, are organized on an ad hoc basis. All Board of Education meetings are public.
Regular Board of Education meetings are also posted on the District website and aired on local television Channel 77 in Croton.
For more information and a printable meeting schedule click here.
School Board members can be found at the Black Cow Coffee Company on Maple Street monthly for informal discussion of all types.
Click here for the Roles and Responsibilities of the Board.