A Video Message from the Lunch Committee
School Lunch Committee
Croton-Harmon is one of only a few districts in Westchester and Putnam counties that do not have a district-operated food service program that is available to all students daily, and the district is researching different options to introduce one. The goal is simple: to ensure that every child has access to a quality lunch every day, regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
- Timeline Graphic NSLP
- 01-9-2019 School Lunch Committee Minutes
- PVC Kitchen and CET Servery Designs October 2018
- School Lunch Committee Timeline
- School Lunch Program Update 4-26-2018
- 4-24-2018 VIDEO BOE Work Session School Lunch Discussion
- 4-23-2018 VIDEO CHUFSD School Lunch Forum
- 2-1-2018 VIDEO PVC Kitchen Schematic Design Presentation KSQ
- 11-16-2017 VIDEO School Lunch Program Discussion BOE Work Session
- 09-28-2017 VIDEO Lunch Survey Presentation BOE Work Session
March 12, 2018 update: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
July 13, 2017, update:
In March 2017, the CHHS Student Faculty Congress coordinated a survey of the district’s high school students. Approximately 75% of the students at the high school participated in the survey. In June 2017, the committee coordinated a similar survey of the Croton community. Approximately 650 responses were received from parents and other community members.
This student and community input is important and will shape the committee’s recommendations and eventually the decisions to be made by the district, because there are many possible ways to meet the needs at each of our district’s schools. Results from both surveys can be viewed here:
As a result of the work and recommendations of the committee, the district administration is in the process of identifying lunch options that could be implemented at the high school as soon as possible during the 2017/18 school year. The committee intends to present its findings and makes its recommendations for district-wide solutions to the Board of Education at a work session, tentatively scheduled for Thursday, September 28, 2017. Like all Board of Education work sessions, this meeting will be open for interested members of the public to attend.